- The arresting officer should have provided you with paperwork about the suspension of your driver’s license(notice of suspension).
- You have 15 days from the date the notice was served to request a hearing to contest the suspension or your license will be automatically suspended.
2. On or about a certain date
3. Operated a motor vehicle in a public place
4. In the state of Texas, in (Collin, Denton, Dallas) County
5. While Intoxicated
6. (By not having the normal use of your mental or physical faculties, or above a .08 blood alcohol concentration)
7. DUE to the introduction of alcohol (or drugs) into the body
- They do not have all the witnesses available to prove their case.
- The Officer moved or no longer wants to testify
- The Witness who "called in" the DWI cannot be found
- The "Technical Supervisor" of the breath test is unavailable to testify.
- The "Breath Test Operator" is unavailable to testify.
- They has exculpatory evidence which would prove your innocence.
- They have evidentiary problems in proving your blood alcohol level.
- They have evidentiary problems in proving that you lost the normal use of either your mental or physical faculties.
- You will receive almost identical punishment if you are found guilty after trial.
- If you plea guilty, you will be assessed a $3,000 – $6,000 surcharge by DPS.